Your Canon scanner will not respond if the cables are faulty/damaged or not appropriately connected.
- Power Cable: In the very first place, check the power cable that is supplied with your scanner and make sure it is properly inserted into the correct port. If the cable is not in good condition or damaged from any of the sides, there will be power supply interruptions and the scanner will not work properly. Also, you must ensure that the electrical outlet to which your scanner is connected is working. Otherwise, plug the power cord into a different wall socket.
- USB Cable: Your Canon scanner will not communicate with your computer if the USB cable is not properly connected. First of all, make sure that you are using the original USB cable provided by your service provider. As any other non-branded cable may not work with your scanner and hence results in scanning issues. If the USB cable is in perfect condition but the connection fails to establish among both the devices, it may be possible that the USB port of your computer is not working, so try another USB port. If the issue does not resolve and you are still facing the issue, perform the next method.
2. Clean the Scanner Glass to Eliminate Common Issues
If the scanner glass contains dirt, your scanner will not be able to detect the document placed on the glass. So, to clean the Canon scanner glass, firstly unplug the power cord of your scanner to turn it off. Then, open the upper unit of your scanner. Now, take a clean and lint-free cloth and wipe off all the dust present on the scanner glass. While cleaning the cloth, make sure that you apply gentle pressure otherwise the glass may get broken. After cleaning, close the upper unit of your scanner and turn it on by attaching the power cable. Now, place a document on the glass and try to scan it. If the issue still persists, carry out the next method.
3. Uninstall the Outdated IJ Scan Utility Software and Install the Latest Version
IJ Scan Utility is a software that helps in building a connection between your computer and scanner and lets you scan your desired photos or documents. But if the software gets corrupted or outdated, the connection will not be established and the scanner will not respond while you attempt to scan a document. So, firstly uninstall the driver from the control panel. In accordance with that, go to Control Panel > Programs & Features > Uninstall a Program. Select the scanning software, right-click on it, and click Uninstall. Now, to reinstall the updated version of the software, pursue the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the Canon Official website by inserting the URL canon.com/ijsetup in the address bar.
- Provide Scanner Model name in the search bar and then select the “Drivers & Downloads” tab. The IJ Scan Utility software installed with the Driver Package only.
- Click Download and then run the setup file for installation.
- Now, connect your Canon scanner with the computer. Then, you will see a list of drivers and other additional softwares.